Monday, October 6, 2014

Digital Block- Installment Seven. Part 1 of 4

i

Yeah. In case you havent noticed I ‘took last month off’. Finally Joe "Frenchy" Domino has enlisted help in the Blank Generation crusade. I always told him he should have got some help but he never would. I mean it took anear death experience for him to come to his senses. Just after his crash he sent around these CRAZY e-mails talking about a tunnel, a bright light and Dale Earnhart saying something about it not being his time. He was talking about the END of Blank Generation which I didn't feel to good about.... Then it all worked out. Blank Generation staff rose to the occasion and more importantly, Joe let them. The next Generation of Blank Generation is upon us. A new level. I figured the LAST thing any new editor type people would need from me would be my reviews and my column mucking up their time. But to no adeu, Im back!!!! The Digital Block is FAR from dead.

I know I promised something I tentativly titled Sparrows. Lions. Drug Deals turned Battle of Armageddon but its just not happening this month. Probably next month. Its been a busy month for me. I began writing what began as a short missive on meeting Clinic while spending a weekend in Gatlinburg Tennessee but what I wanted to be short is now about 2/3 of the way done and floating around 2,600 words NOW with definte plans to grow. I designed this missive, tentativly titled Follow Mr. Moonlight Say Hello to the Sandman to accompany a bundle of reviews that I take from my Blank Generation space and re-print, or print for the first time in PRINTED form in my "un"zine The Neus Subjex.

Then it came open for The Socials to go into the studio. And eveything was coming to head for a past Socials recording being finally put onto CD and having to deal with the Post Orrifice loosing a test pressing being sent to me and then getting final approval on the artwork....

Everything worked out though except that I couldnt even start on Sparrows. Lions. Drug Deals turned Battle of Armageddon or even push and get done with Follow Mr. Moonlight Say Hello to the Sandman. If I intially wanted Follow to be around 100 words and its 2/3 done at 2,600 words then I couldnt honestly say "OK, Im going to sit down and complete this in the next 1,200 words". In fact, its looking like Follow MIGHT become a matchbook novel of its own or a entire issue of The Nus Subjex devoted to the story. At the very least, Follow will eventually find its way to Digital Block, I just cant say when.

Then theres always shows to play but like I said, it all worked out. The Socials have seven freshly recorded songs that we are not quite sure to do with. One of the songs will be on a new compilation thats in the works by Elias The Titan, of the band Sexual Tension (hes the front man). He is compiling tracks from Kill The Hippies, Radar Secret Service, Crimson Sweet, Strange Division, Nowhere Squares, The Socials and Zero Crag plus more! For a vinyl LP. he told me the title but I cant recall its name. Names are not really important because with his line up its pretty much my dream compilation. It encompasses the elements of The Neoteric Punk/Wave all in one place!!!! Maybe Elias the Titan will let me include some sort of printed Neoteric document of sorts in the packaging.... Anyway, look for this by the turn of the new year Elias the Titan said.

The Socials song is called "Targets of Innocence". I had originally written some lyrics for Ms. Communications other band, Because Were Models, that I titled "Little Darlings" about the movie of the same name. Well, Because Were Models never used them so we put them into a Socials riff. Subject matter was changed a bit to parallel a novel Ms. Communication just got done reading called Foxfire so I rewrote the lyrics , re-named the song and we went with it. It turned out amazing too....



ik by Shawn Abnoxious.