Tuesday, October 16, 2012

HUNGRY EARS EAT... DIKES OF HOLLAND


My exploration of WFMU's shows upon THE FREE MUSIC ARCHIVE keeps me supplied with free music for my hungry ears... Hungry Ears have strong appetites…Hungry Ears Eat... THE DIKES OF HOLLAND, from Austin Texas, hit me like a fucking brick to the head with their outright angst ridden garage rock. I miss THE MOTARDS... I miss THE REDS... DIKES fill the void. Imagine if THE KIDS were touched ever so slightly by LA's X and THE CRAMPS... Mostly male vocals w/fem backings but not exclusively so... Sometimes it’s the other way around. Surprise. Their bio on FMA mentions something about an LP fully called BRAINDEAD USA being available but fuck it, that takes money. This session, like everything else on FMA is rockin' hot and free... It’s almost even criminal. That’s my sort of criminal!

THE DIKES OF HOLLAND on FMA via WFMU

THE DIKES OF HOLLAND on Twitter

THE DIKES OF HOLLAND on facebook