Friday, December 5, 2014

Thwart...! - It Is What It Is


I sit on a couch in my boxer underwear and t-shirt, sipping coffee that the coffee-maker assures me that it  will keep the coffee warm for four hours. Oh, I also have one sock on. I just realized that, which, is really not relavent to anything Im planning on saying, nor anything I have already said. All I can say is that It Is What It Is... People like to say that thesedays as an answer acknowledging how futile everything is... As an answer to a not-so-easily answered happenstance... As a way to say "Shut up, I'm tired of hearing your mouth."

"Hey, a cop killed somebody, somewhere."  It is What It Is.

"A tribe of nomads were accidentally killed in an Un-manned drone strike." It Is What It Is.

"Someone stole my lunch from the company break room refrigerator." Yeah, I'm that ducks but It Is What It Is.

In the memorance of the Borg, from Star Trek: The Next Generation, "Resistance Is Futile"... It really, really is! It Is What It Is, is an excuse, not a reason. An excuse saying that you, or someone or something else, is respobsible and free of punishment or reasoning. An escapist attitude is slowly devouring even the most stalwart of its defenders thesedays. The believers have been widdled down to disposable twigs ready to snap and heading for flawed re-education.

I use to say, and even believe, that apathy is a weapon. If nobody cares, then laws and attitudes will naturally change, because nobody believes in them... The truth is, even I-- in my own fictitious world I live inside my head-- is wavering in my own participation of society. Everytime I step out of the house, I'm surfing a violent tide of rage. Everyone has a chip on their shoulder and are nervously waiting for others to knocking that chip off. Everyone is waiting for a battle... Waiting for a reason... A thought pattern that is not only flawed but dangerous. I know this, because I use to be this.

Now though, like many others, Ive been shaved down to a thin tooth-pick ready to break under the weight of society. Maybe Im looking too deeply into things. I'm not closed to the idea that it's all in my head, maybe I still have that chip on my shoulder waiting to be knocked off. Maybe everything isn't futile or completely absurd... I will admit it, maybe it's me and my flawed reasoning. Initially, I was wanting to write something different today... Something about inspiration in forming a band or doing a zine. This 'dispatch' just came up, out of nowhere between two cups of coffee and a good bowel movement... The ever loosening of what I wanted and committed Thwart...! to be versus now, what it has become, has been a natural thing. Despite the digital-ness of blogs, I'm trying to make this blog tangible. I accept that, in the seeking of it all, I have failed to do that, but then again, this post in its spontaneous nature has maybe accomplished this/that. Regardless, It Is What It Is.