Thursday, October 25, 2012

BOOK PILE: Burning in Water Drowning in Flame by Charles Bukowski


It’s not really important how you buy a book... With enough money you can get anything you want just about... But what is important is why you bought that book in the first place.

I chose BURNING IN WATER DROWNING IN FLAME by Charles Bukowski because of the expert storytelling that I witnessed in the sample portion of the novel that was just an Authors Introduction... Amazing stuff! I fell in love with just this beginning section of the poems as Bukowski was explaining the varied chaos behind the books contents. I got hooked on this section of the book by itself. The free sample ended before it even got to any of the poems... I have read through several books of Bukowski poems before. Enjoyed them too. Inspiring stuff. So when I enjoyed a brief, explanatory section of the book, like I did and already knowing how much I already enjoyed his poems from other books... Well, this book ended up right where it needed to be. The funny thing is I have never read any of his work besides his poems... Gonna have to rectify that situation soon!