Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Reason Why The Yard is Half Mowed

Mowing the lawn...
...again.
The lawns growth being
as-if a never-ending, uphill struggle...

The story of my life.
Hill after hill after hill.

"My Son" as performed by
THE BY-PRODUCTS OF AMERICA
Is up on the player...
Thru the headphones...
For me…
At me…
With me…

This, despite the fact
That I am far from my goal
of completing the mowing job...
This song is the reason
why.

        ... It’s a damn good song.
        ... Quite possibly the best song ever!

I said
            Possibly.
            Ever...

The song inspires action.
The song demands action.
The song brings action...

A different style of action...

As I sing-a-long to the jam
I turn the mower in mid-job
With half of the yard still needing mown
and bring it to rest in the barn
where it normally sits when not in use.
Still singing a long,
I turn off the mower
And leave the remainder of the yard
for some other time.
Some other song.
You Can Climb A Mountain
 BPA @ The Gypsy Hut
Tim Schwallie (Vocals/Guitar)
Tim Schwallie of BPA sings "My Son"