Monday, October 20, 2014

Digital Block- Installment Seven. Part 3 of 4

i i i

Whats my stance on the war with Iraq? Well, I dont really want to go into it now. I dont think its too safe to, but anyway, i want to share with you a lil’ somethin-somethin I came up witht he oter day while Ms, Communication and I were watching the news after a day at work. its funny. Onion-type funny really but more importantly, it makes reading newspapers about the iraq ‘problem’ bearable.

But you must understand my concept of entertainment.

I am a product of the 80’s. I can fight it all I want but I bore easily and Im spoiled translating into the fact that I MUST constantly be entertained. If I find a situation un-entertaining, I will find soemthing, some observation or whatever to MAKE it entertaining. This helps me not fall asleep at my work. About 7AM every morning I begin formulating my ‘Daily Thought’ of which will keep my mind active for the better part of the day.

I write some song lyrics.

I hum.

I people-watch my fellow employees.

All kinds of shit.

Well, Ms. Communication and I BOTH find this whole Iraq thing BORING. We were watching CNN. Just before a commercial brake we both heard the newscaster mention Tony Blairs report on Iraq weapons and that "Iraq has a weapon that can destroy the world in 45 minutes". of course the guy read his cue card wrong.... Saddam Husein is good, but man, THAT good?

By time the commercial brake was over Ms. Communication and I had drew up the comparative that Iraq is to Cobra (you know, from the old GI Joe cartoon from the 80s) as Cobra Commander is to Saddam Hussein. President Bush is to Duke what The United States is to GI Joe!!!!

When reading, or watching news reports on the looming war, replace every mention of Iraq with COBRA. Replace COBRA COMMANDER with Iraq. DUKE with President Bush. And last but not least, UNITED STATES with GI JOE!!!! Stuff like this is going to make this new war a BLAST!!!!

So I go to work and tell everyone there. most dont think its very funny. one co-worker mentioned the fact that Saddam husein, or Cobra Commander, as his weapons hidden all over the desert. I told him that actually he has a gigantic fortress that loosly resembles a pyramid that rises and sinks below the desert at whim. He keep all his secret wepons like his HISS TANKS and shit in there. It rumbles up, launches some missles and a few jets, them rumbles back underneath the sand and hides itself.

"Really?" asked the co-worker. "...It all makes sense!" he said.

"Yeah" I responded.

Ironically enough, guess my favorite aspect of the GI Joe cartoon. Guess who I usually rooted for in all the battles..... I should just stop there. I already said too much.