Monday, October 3, 2011

Vegetable (Video EP) (X5)

I found these video's when I was looking for more information about the band... Coupled with the two songs from their Gilgongo Records 7" debut I think its safe to say that Vegetable are rocking me like no other band has done in a long time. I thought LeShok were good. Sheesh, move over bacon...


Vegetable have impressed me similar to the time I first witnessed Kill The Hippies back in March of 1998 ( I think it was then). Until that time I thought I was impressed. Since that time, I haven't been this impressed as I have been with Vegetable.


I couldnt choose just one video for this week, so I made a Video of The Week EP of five videos I found of the band, all of them genius in their delivery.

Vegetable's sound reminds me of a mix between ELECTRELANE, THE NUMBERS and THE A-FRAMES... All bands that I have became a fan of in the past 10 years.,,.,.Vegetable are everything ERASE ERATTA wished they were! This is the kind of band that I would have put under my banner of  my Neoteric Punk/Wave movement Back In the Day™ because their approach on song structure and definition is so varied and different. its freshEver since I have been listening and buying punk-rock music; going all the way back to the Tape Days, back before I had a bass guitar and being in a band was still a dream and aspiration; back when I was slaving at a grocery chain waiting until payday to go to Camelot Music Superstore and blow most of it on tapes... Back when I heard something that inspired me... I would take a vacant cassette shell and design my own artwork for a fictional release of a band that would never, ever exist. I would sit at my desk and dream about being in a band as good as Vegetable...

Wish I still had some of those designs laying around...

Well, 20 years later, and hearing Vegetable, I got my band, did tons of cool stuff since then... But listening to these songs, and being exposed to Vegetable, I feel a need to return to that Tape Days innocence... I feel inspired in the most genuine meaning of the word and I'm looking around for a vacant cassette shell and a piece of paper... and a marker...